Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yesterday Brooke thought we should have some friends over and have a water party!! I thought it was a great idea because it was actually warm and things are really starting to cool down around here:( All the kids got to play in the pool, go on the slip-in-slide (thanks Nat), play on the swing-set, and throw water ballons at each other!!! What a party:)!!



Tucker's wagon made a great cooler!!!


{WARBIRDS CAFE}

So there's this little place over in Driggs by the airport Warbirds Cafe. It looks like a normal food joint but inside there is a display of all sorts of cool plane's. The kids loved it and thought they should be able to ride in one!!








{HIDDEN LAKE}

Last weekend Brett wanted to take me and the kids on a horse ride before he was in the harvest. Clarks and Hess' came with us!! It was a lot of fun. When we got there the kids (and Brett) played in the water, the guy's made us dinner while the lady-folk were picking some huckleberries. After we were done at the lake Brooke wanted to ride on Shaylon's horse instead of her own, so Tucker rode Trigger out instead:) The only problem was he was really, really tired. (no nap) I was leading his horse and Brett rode behind him just incase he fell asleep. He rode for a long time but when I turned around his eye's were rolling around and he was swaying back and forth. As soon as I stopped the horse Tucker just fell over the saddle horn on his horse (that's what you call one tired cowboy) He was mad when Brett made him ride with him. Oh well:)


Brett had to wear Tucker's hat so he could see!

Tucker, Ashlon, Hunter, Brooke, Shaylon holding Madison



{ASHTON POOL}


We love our little pool here in Ashton but this summer they have had a lot of problem's with it:( So here are some pictures of the fun we have there!! I hope they got everything fixed this year so it will be ready to play all summer next year:)
My cute kids!! I am so lucky to have such sweet children:)

Brooke has turned into a fish this year! She loves the diving board and the water slide!

Nice Muscles Nat:) -Tucker and his friend Allie-



8 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

Way to catch up!
I love this post, so many fun things and we are so glad we got to be part of some of them!
I loved the water party, we definitly need to make that one a tradition, great idea Brooke!

Holly said...

That water party looked like a ton of fun, thank you so much for the invite, if we weren't in the middle of getting ready for my sister's wedding we SO would have come!!! :) Maybe we could sneak up to that airplane cafe sometime with you all looks like fun too! :) We need to get together and do something!

aaronandnat said...

Looks like you guys have had a fun time. You weren't suppose to post my muscle picture! Thanks for a fun water party - if we get another warm day, lets do it again.

Holly said...

Melllll, it looks like you are still the PARTY QUEEN DIVA. Miss ya!

Meagan Cooper said...

I LOVE all the mom's sitting in a line in their lawn chairs for the water party. So funny. Your kids are getting so big! Looks like Ashton is the place to be in the summer, that outdoor pool looks amazing!

Blackeyedsue said...

HEY! You won the baby sister drawing over on my blog. Can you please contact me at blackeyedsue2@gmail.com?

Olivia said...

Melanie - this is Olivia Oldham I got your blog off of Liz's site. I need your help - I am attempting to send out letters for a 10 year class reunion and need Brett and your address. I asked Alan for it no go - I asked Steve for it - I didn't even get his own address from him. I am no resorting to a women for help because I know it will get done. J/K If you have a quick minute could you send me your address and if you happen to have Steve's to olivia_oldham@yahoo.com
Thanks a million!!

Anonymous said...

sexy little girls have given me a hard on